Friday, October 01, 2004

A Friend in Pain

I have a friend in pain. She is crying, but no one is listening. I would give up all my love to make her feel just a little more hope. I wish that I could hold her right now, and tell her that everything is going to be ok. Life is suffering, right? One of those four noble truths that you pick up when you start studying Philosophy. It's total crap though when you know a friend is sobbing just out of reach, and all you want to do is hold her close so she can cry on your shoulder.

Sometimes you have to pretend to be oblivious to pain just so you can keep from breaking down yourself. She doesn't know how much I care about her, or that I notice the pain in her blue eyes. She doesn't know that I hope that she will be all that she wants to be, or that I want to reach out to put my hand on hers. We are strangers sitting side by side. One lost, and the other afraid to find the other.

It sucks knowing that one of your friends is sad; even worse when you know that a user is after her. Someone who is looking for nothing more than sex. I've worked my self into a massive drama by reaching out to this girl in the first place. And, the worst thing is that I really don't know all that's going on. Drek I'm in love with this girl, but I don't want to be! I don't want her as a lover, not that she isn't attractive, I just want her as a friend... I've never wanted so badly to fix all of a friends problems before. Rants over... now all I can do is wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home