Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Life Bringer part 2

"Hey are you alright?" Trisha hears a voice floating in the darkness that had become her mind. She wants to moan and roll over, ignoring the voice until it goes away.
"Hey!" The voice comes again. This time she actually attempts to roll over and moans instead at the painful stiffness of her muscles.
"Come on, wake up, open your eyes. You can't stay here all night," the voice implores her. A conscious thought manages to form. Something about here and night, she should be back at her apartment, in bed, that's where she was going after classes. A fuzzy half-formed thought about a tree arises, but it doesn't make sense so she pushes it away and opens her eyes.
The first thing to come into focus is an oval face with blonde hair hanging into wide blue eyes. "Hey, you okay?" Its lips puckered slightly with worry move to speak and it takes her a moment to realize this apparition is talking to her.
"Yeah, I'm fine," She says struggling into a sitting position. He, it's not an apparition, it's a guy, probably around her age, sits back on his heels, unconsciously tossing his bangs out of his eyes.
"You sure? What happened?" He enquires plucking a blade of grass out of her hair.
Suddenly self-conscious, Trisha pulls her skirt down over her knees brushing herself off and running her fingers through her hair combing it back into order. "I don't know what happened, I guess I must have pass out for a second or something." She knew this was a lie, there was something about a tree and it had been broad daylight when she was walking home.
"Wow, I'm glad your okay, for a moment there I was afraid you were dead." Laughing shakily, he stood up slowly offering her his hand.
"Nah, I'm far from dead," laughing back at him her gaze goes past him to the tree. Her laughter dies as she sees the green leaves on the branches and the little circle on the ground just behind him and she remembers what had happened.
"You sure you okay?" His smile falters and he starts to drop his helping hand.
Forcing a smile onto her face, "Yeah, I'm fine." Reaching out she grasps his long fingers with her own. He pulls her upwards and she is forced, by her sore muscles to rely a bit heavily on him.
"Can I walk you somewhere? I'd hate to save you and then wonder all night if you made it home in one piece."
His frankness forces a true grin onto her face and her eyes light up with mischief. "Well, if I let you walk me home then who's to say you won't be the cause of my demise? Besides, if I keep you wondering then there's more of a chance that I'll get to see you again, is there not?"
"If I'd wanted to do anything to you I'd have done it when you were passed out, unconscious girls can't tease a poor boy to death," he replies mildly. "If you'd like you can grant me the privilege of your phone number on a small piece of paper then I can regularly appease my curiosity about the unconscious girl under a tree at twilight and perhaps even my wishes to see her again."
Laughing she sticks out her hand, "Hi, I'm Trisha and I'm far, far from teasing you to death."
Once again her hand is clasped in his strong grip and glancing upward for a moment she finds her green eyes being swallowed by his blue ones. "I'm Jason, pleased to meet you Trisha."
Dropping into a curtsy, she replies "The pleasure is all mine, dear sir." Rising from her foolishness, she stumbles forward and is immediately supported by Jason's hands on her elbows. The concerned look is back on his face and she is suddenly led to feel sorry for this poor boy who, despite his concern for her, would never understand what had happened to literally land her at his feet.
"Shall we then?" he asks, once he's sure she's steady on her feet.
"Yes, we shall," she says starting off into the quickly darkening evening with Jason falling into step beside her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home