Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It Goes On

Here I am with my simple prose
Not quite going with the flow
You stand and watch, maybe clap
When I am through with my crap

I didn't think of the beat before
Thought you would ask for more
Stop clapping and start booing
I need to know if this is a fling

Fuck that! Fuck the rhyme!
Maybe I don't care if doesn't

Stop putting words in dead poets
They didn't mean that, think that
You think you're so educated?
Never know what's in my head

Maybe someone will remember me
When they read, what they see
That's what the message means
Scholarly attempts, worth a hill of beans

Fuck that! Fuck the signs!
Sometimes they lead the wrong way

Is the writing really on the wall?
You read that in a bathroom stall
For a good time call, disconnected
Reputation so clean you can eat off it

So pretty in pink, yet pure as snow
After tonight you're eating crow
Your downfall isn't my delight
Tears draw you in, blur your sight

Fuck that! Fuck the lines!
They were supposed to be crooked anyway

Gunmetal is so cold,doesn't it know?
It should be hot like after the blow
The flames of lonely destruction
Talk of the town, a real commotion

Does the metal mimic those gone?
The brave soldier who has fallen
Will a rhyme stop the tears, blood?
No.
Fuck that.
A reason to stop the killing should
Is peace found only in a graveyard
Or eviscerated on a fancy sword?

Fuck that! Fuck the cause!
I'm not dying to know a dream

6 Comments:

Blogger Goddamn Batman said...

Not my usual style. Definately motivated by the last few days.

11:35 PM  
Blogger neha said...

should i say - i came and i clapped?

(i am never sure if i should comment on a blog, esp. if i like it. i dont know if it was meant for my eyes. if i am kind of invading privacy.)

Specter,
i am no great shakes critic, so i dont know how good it really is - but i really enjoyed it.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Goddamn Batman said...

Your comment is most appreciated. Private journals don't belong on the internet, and this page is here to get my fiction critiqued. I want to be a writer like so many other people, but I won't write unless it's for somebody.

Come again and thanks for clapping.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Oshli. This one made me want to rap. :p You know how very square and white I am, so I guess that means you've reached me, man.

Nice talking to you the other night. I've got quintet tonight, but maybe tomorrow we can talk some more.

*hugs* Donna

12:00 PM  
Blogger neha said...

sure will :)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you use the word fuck alot in this one but its cool.. i still liked it.

love ya
Tiffa

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home