Sunday, July 02, 2006

Indigo Angel

The reason that the previous month has been lacking on writing is that I finished up my Robin Hood class and started my writing non-fiction class. This combined with needing to write for artist Mark Bleckley to launch our preview comic for Indigo Angel this weekend at Heroes Con tired me out to the whole idea of writing anything besides what is here and now. I like to think I'm good at what I do. Not professional yet and I have to be more patient and willing to go over my work sentence by sentence piece by piece.

Somehow I confused the hell out of my writing nonfiction class with my first essay. It sucked! The grammar made me sick to my stomach. I don't see how I could have written this paper what with words being left out and put into sentences that make no sense what so ever! I'm tempted to blame my laptop which has done these things in the past but it is still my own fault for not catching the errors. Depressed over getting my ego knocked around a bit... I finished re-writing Indigo Angel and helped finish putting it together.

We went to Heroes Con and tried to sell our hastily produced combination of comic and prose. Some people loved it! Some people thought it was a novel idea but poorly executed. Though it seemed the majority either humored us or treated us with indifference. Nobody out right said "you guys suck!". I still somehow thought we would get a better reception. We only sold four comics before stealing a table next to a guy who Mark liked who did the Clerks comic. He seemed to like our stuff and suggested commandeering the empty table beside him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home