Friday, May 19, 2006

A Daisy Chain of Love Affairs

I never thought four months ago that we would be like this. She was such a beautiful bride. I had always know she was beautiful, she glowed with an inner fire even during the stressful months before our wedding day. Amanda, my love, the sweetest kiss we have ever shared must have been the one we shared that day. The first of many I think that none other can compare to. The most important kiss of our lives, the one that sealed us together for as long as we lived.

Now the cat walks through the mingled blood on the floor; your blood, the maids blood and the mailman's blood. How did he, poor bastard, get mixed up in all this? I only think I saw the man a few times on scattered Saturdays as I waited for the morning paper. He was a nice enough man, I guess, he asked me about the weather and told me to have a nice a day.

His body was here when I walked in; I did not notice it because of what you were doing with the maid. Ah, the maid, Tota, your dear friend from college who needed a job. We let her keep house for room and board while she worked on getting herself on her feet. She and her gerbil lived in the spare room that would become the children's room.

How did it happen the first time between you two? Did she slip something in your morning orange juice? Or have you been with her all this time? All the time you were with me, perhaps even before as well? I think I would have been fine, maybe even enjoyed the sight of you tangled with her, had you not called out her name. You moaned, "Tota, oh," and I remembered how once before you had said that. That one time with me when you said Todd strangely, I wrote it off then as hair in your mouth. I pulled the strands away and kissed your lips. I remembered at that moment that I heard you cry her name before, I remember, the look of relief that passed across your features as I kissed your lips. That memory, my dearest Amanda, was what made me do it.

I think now I know how the mailman fits in. He was her lover, was he not, Tota's male lover? You always were the jealous type. Tota should have known better since she was your friend, or should I say lover, all these years. She probably thought she could get away with it. Yet you came home early from the gym, hot and sweaty, looking forward to a nice shower with her. You found her in his embrace like I did you in hers, I'll wager. Did she cry out his name and make you wonder if it was him she was thinking of all these times before when she was with you? No, you would not have needed such a stimulus to throw you into a jealous rage. You saw them there on the couch as you crossed from the kitchen to the living room, didn't you my dearest love?

It would have been so easy for one of the knives to find its way into your hand. I can almost hear you screaming obscenities as you stab his naked back as he tries to protect your lover with his body. Noble of him, I guess, but it didn't do any of you much good now did it? If the knife had been longer she would have died too, would she not, my love? As it was your passionate up and down strokes managed to miss her. She must have gotten up and ran to her bedroom. That would explain the splinters in the hall and the broken lock on the door. She begged for your forgiveness and convinced you to put down the knife. You listened, unfortunately. Otherwise, it could have been explained to me as a bugler or a serial killer that broke in and killed Tota, then you killed her killer. It wouldn't have held up to a full scale investigation by the police, but then you could have at least still been alive, my love. Instead of murdered by me in a jealous rage.
After she decided you were murderous no longer she let you in didn't she? You beat upon her in your anger. It was this that I walked in on wasn't it? You beat upon her in your anger and then began to make up in a sexual manner. Your kisses made her lips bleed and your playful scratches tore bleeding lines in the white skin of her back. Did your love bites or his leave those marks upon her breasts? I must have walked in just as she made up to you in a most physical and sexual manner.

You are beautiful darling, even lying there broken on the floor. The red blood contrasts nicely with your white skin and brings out the pinkness of your nipples and lips. You probably would have looked good with red hair as well my love. Here love, let me get that blood off your cheek. What a mess your Todd has made of things isn't it dear? No, don't look away, don't be ashamed of me any longer. Why is it that you cower from me even in death? It was an act of passion! You must know I would have never harmed you while still in my right mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goddamn Batman said...

Holy poop on a stick! You posted a thinga a madiddle!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home