Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ashes

Gazing out into the broken starry fields
Precision of the baton that he alone wields
The symphony rains down towards me
Beauty in the cold night fire is all I see

My sigh breaks the silence of the night
To my dismay a most frightening sight
Conductor's hand cocked threateningly
My stomach began to churn violently

A single note called forth, by his bidding
The Cosmic note of this world ending
Scared and enthralled by the chorus
A chorus of light and of the darkness

I reach for you as the world ignites
Our part ending in celestial lights
My arms press you to my body
Your warmth holds the rhapsody

The fleeting note instead lasts
Staring into your eyes so vast
Feeling your heartbeat against mine
Your touch bends the virtues of time

Earth crumbles around our feet
No force to break where we meet
As the world ends I find a new one
In your smile a new land is begun

Ending breaks upon the two of us
We press closer with each caress
When a world ends we are still closer
Not yet torn apart by fate's composer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home