Monday, May 12, 2008

Stairway Upwards

I look up at the open sky
I reach up but then miss
The clouds are so high
Even in the sun's bliss

Farther I stretch upward
Holding my hands to stars
To be with my reward
Up in heavenly lairs

Gentle rain falls down
Touching my new face
Water from father's crown
Lets me increase my pace

Still my place so very far
Out of reach to my arms
I've grown to meet the air
The golden sun warms

Do you look up to me now
Jealous of the sky holding
To reach me, make a vow
Like my tall body folding

I bend and sway slowly
To foreign rhythm in soil
Dark wonders hold me
Higher and higher I toil

My legs now are strong
They are limber yet stout
Harder to dance to song
Still as heaven I mount

Yet the higher I reach
The more I am bound
To the angels I beseech
Search for me to be found

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home