Sunday, October 12, 2014

Veil of Broken Promises

 I go down into the darkness
A room that I know so well
Yet my mind tells me I've never been here
Everything is where I expect it to be
Nothing is where it should be

Reality shudders at my touch
The black door appears before me
Larger than it has any right to be
The black door fills the world
Edges rippling like flames that do not burn

Yet these the door consumes all
There is nothing left of the reality I know
Just me and the black door that fills the world
The black door that consumes the world
Empty and full, reality shutters under my footstep

There is a knock
Knock
Knock
Knock
The door groans in anticipation

I fulfill the function of the door
Open there is no one there
Just me and a reality consuming door
Stepping over that threshold I step into a room
A room I know but have never seen before


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home