Monday, August 11, 2008

Thermal Caress

Miri's caress like a blistering wind across my flesh
I recoil, there is no shelter, the wind is everywhere
Lilting voice punctuates my mind leaving me refreshed
Burning away all that is me leaving me naked and bare


She laughs, my armor shatters, stained with blood
Bravely forward into her flames until I finally stumble
My body begins to burn from her touch like dry wood
Embers in my chest burst into flames as I crumble

Her voice is fleeting like a shadow that is chased
Playing in my ears I grasp for it and try to hold on
So that her beautiful words might not go to waste
No matter how I struggle her voice is soon gone


Lost except for her whispers as I come to life
Half forgotten memory of her kissing my cheek
Afterimage of her beautiful face cuts like a knife
Soft kiss of breath across her lips leaves me weak

Voice and laughter fill my stomach, return strength
My burning limbs are healed by her fading memory
Just out of reach I stretch my arms to full length
Your words bring more meaning to my story

While your laughter is a satisfying heavy meal
But. when it is gone, I'm left hungry and empty
Even as a fading memory your taste is ideal
To dine again on your voice or it would be a pity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home